Saturday, November 20, 2010

Canvas and Blocks

My mind has been on a block lately not being able to think of many craft ideas. Until I made my first canvas. It's actually my brother's girl friend's Christmas present and I didn't take a picture of it. But I modge podge her name on it turned out super cute. But while attempting to finish that my wonderful sister in law Brenda helped me develop it into SO much more than it would have been.

While figuring out what to add on it and searching other blogs I saw SO many cute ideas with scrapbook paper, modge podge (I LOVE THIS STUFF) and canvas. Using a canvas really makes a GREAT wall art. So after a week of trying to think of a canvas idea I came up with this.


I'm going to hang it in our room since the color in there is blue. I LOVE the verse. Numbers 6:24-26. A friend shared the verse with me this past week and I KNEW I wanted to do something with it. This was SO easy and I think it turned out pretty good! its not perfect by any means but I still like it. 

While in the process of looking up canvas art I have noticed so many things you can do with scrapbook paper and modge podge. You can put the paper on wooden letters or blocks which brings me to my next craft from today. 

The blocks are 1.5 inches and turned out SO cute!!! I cannot wait to put them around my cute little snowmen. YEA!! I can already tell you there will be SO many ideas coming with these in the near future. 

1 comment: