I figured since I'm actually in a comfortable position, very difficult to find one these days, I'd continue with the blog update.
Last week sometime Wednesday as I was finishing up dinner; I hear Phillip say, "Honey, I got in." Me: "Got in?" Phillip: "Yeah, I got into A&M!!"
You see Phillip resubmitted his transcript to Texas A&M on the off chance it would get there by the June 1st deadline. He had about a week for it to get there. The time line was cutting it CLOSE. But we figured what the heck? Why not? Still at this point so many new things had come into play...
Should he still go to A&M? He has decided to change majors... Would that effect things? Should we go to Texas Tech instead? Does he start in the Spring? Oh yeah and we're having a baby. :) Just a few major things going on there.
So while we were waiting for their decision we just continued to pray. Mostly about my job for the fall. Then he got accepted. Jokingly but half serious I suggested he just commute a couple of days a week for now and start in the Fall. That small statement got his wheels turning. He has accepted their acceptance or whatever specifically you would say and is in the process of figuring things out concerning the Army paying, us getting whatever money we get for him going, registering for classes, parking permits, etc etc etc.
We are just so thrilled!! I e-mailed one of our BIGGEST prayer warriors with the news a couple of days ago and she replied "I guess you never know what God has in store." How true is that? Our lease in this apartment is up at the end of October. At that time I'm sure we will begin the process of moving... again! Hopefully this time we can stay in the same duplex/house for a while. :)
Prayers for us as Phillip gets all things answered and switched over and everything else that that will entail. Also, for him as he prepares for classes (they start August 29) with a new baby (due August 15).
I'll leave you with a 33 week picture. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment