Anyway since senior year we have stayed close. I went off to college while she stayed back in our hometown. I was the kind of friend that was DETERMINED not to let her get stuck there. You see, we're from a small town where if you don't get to leave you never leave. Which is fine for some folks but well yeah.
Anyway, she ended up joining the Army as a language specialist and went off to boot camp. We stayed in contact by writing letters that are PRETTY funny to read now. She eventually made her way to California where she was stationed to learn Arabic. We continued to keep in touch despite the lack of seeing each other on a regular basis. You see, she is one of those friends that no matter how long you go without face time things are always the same. She was the first person I told that I had met a guy (Phillip) online. We were on our way to see Alvin and the Chipmunks. I'm pretty sure if you asked her she knew SOMETHING good was going to come from this Phillip guy.
Unfortunately her time in the Army was cut short because of a back injury. I graduated College shortly there after. She moved back home for a short period of time to regroup and figure things out as far as college goes. I got engaged and she HAD to be my maid of honor! I couldn't have picked a better person! I got married and she got accepted into Texas State University. She is majoring in social work and is going to be AWESOME!
She was one of the first people I told about expecting a little Jelly. She makes a great Aunt too! She'll be the one spoiling sweet Hope with LOTS of noisy toys. Kara has also been determined to continue calling our child Jelly. I think that has changed since she met her at the hospital.
The point of this isn't only to brag about my best friend and share with the world how incredibly blessed I am to have her in my life. Or to make every one else jealous to have a best friend like mine. But I wanted to share with you the absolutely awesome shirts she bought for me and my family. As many of you know we called Hope "Jelly" in the womb. We had no idea if we were having a boy/girl and since we're Phillip (P) and Bridgette (B), we were told we needed a J. Determined to NOT name our first child with a J name we stuck with calling our baby Jelly.
Folks- my BEST FRIEND bought us PB&J shirts!!!!!!! Gosh, I love her!
Kara on the right... Wedding Rehearsal
At the wedding... She's a beauty!
Holding my daughter- less than 24 hrs old
I'm telling you she's going to be a GREAT aunt!
Family and friend picture
Our shirts- It's the best we could do with a 2 wk old! :)
Closer shoot of the &J onesie.
I'm planning on shadow boxing it so I'll have a better picture (at some point)

No comments:
Post a Comment