I just finished reading Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis. Her blog can be found here. It was a great book and while I had read some of the stories on her blog; her voice and passion shown through. It was a great book to start the year off reading. It really helped prepare me to start diving into God's word and learning about Love and how to love.
I mentioned on our blog here, that the word I'm focusing on for my life this year is love. Last year it was trust. I really feel God saying ok Bridgette you learned to trust me over this past year now learn to love. Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE God. Honestly, its easy to Love God... most of the time. I say most of the time because in the hard times its often much easier to doubt him. But I think the trust I have gained in him and being able to genuinely say, "I trust you God", has deepened my love for him. I trust that because he has so much love for me that he won't fail me and I love him for not failing me.
Love though, its going to be a challenge. I sincerely want to learn to love others. To love people beside my husband and sweet baby, besides my parents and close friends. I want to love people who have hurt me for whatever reason, people who have disappointed me and let me down. You see, its easy for me to love people in other countries. I LOVE the Deaf, I love my friends in Honduras, but to love Americans gah, it is SO. HARD. for me. I'm just keeping it real here.
So I gathered up some verses to start studying so that I can learn to genuinely love... don't worry I'll keep you posted. :) I know you are so excited! Ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment