Thursday, April 5, 2012

2 years

Phillip and I celebrated our anniversary on Tuesday. Two years of marriage! Part of me can't believe it's already been 2 years and the other part is saying is that all?? ha! We've had a wonderful two years and this past one was no exception. After celebrating our 1 year a LOT happened.

We moved into a different apartment shortly after celebrating.

Phillip reapplied to Texas A&M and got accepted

I got big and pregnant

We welcomed our sweet girl into our family

We moved

Phillip started going to Texas A&M

I became a stay at home mom

And now... We are starting our journey overseas for the summer.

God has been in the midst of our relationship and marriage since the beginning. For people that don't know us, Phillip and I met online in December of 2007.  Before we had met he shared the song Life Less Ordinary by Carbon Leaf with me. I'm not sure if I loved it because he did or if it was because its a really great song!

The course of the song :

Live a life less ordinary
Live a life extraordinary with me
Live a life less sedentary
Live a life evolutionary with me

When we were engaged and Phillip was deployed he sent me the following words: 

Come with me, Bridgette, come with me, lets get married and spend a life less ordinary in (country)! Live a life extraordinary with me as missionaries. Live a life sedentary with me and follow the will of the Father! Live a life evolutionary with me as we see His word spread! 

That (country) up there is exactly where we will be this summer. I cannot wait to start our 3rd year of marriage exactly in the will of the Father. 

We got a babysitter and went out to eat. Phillip surprised me with flowers, which let me tell you was a BIG surprise. We don't do flowers, I LOVE fresh flowers but really just get me a plant, which is what he got me last year. But it died so I guess he figures these will die too ha! They are beautiful and in the cutest canvas bag. I got him nothing because we weren't going to do gifts. STINKER! My mom got us a Willow Tree! 




No comments:

Post a Comment