Wednesday, January 2, 2013

One Word= Relationship

Over the past couple of years I have taken the "One Word Challenge". It all started back in 2011, you can read all about that right HERE! I picked the word trust for the year 2011. It was a year of seriously having to trust God as we prayed about moving to College Station and as we prepared to welcome in our sweet baby.

I took the One Word Challenge again for 2012, mostly because I was able to see how much the that one word affected my entire year in 2011. You can read about 2012 right HERE!! I focused on the word love for the year 2012 and boy can I say I truly learned how to love this past year and though I still struggle at time I can see the growth I have experienced.

I could say I choose the words Trust and Love but I know my Father placed them on my heart. He knew that those are the words that would carry me through the year and pop up in little and big ways through out the year. It is truly amazing to me exactly how evident the words were for my life. I needed them, God used them to teach me and to grow me.

The last month of 2012 was SOO busy for us that I hardly thought about the challenge. Though, deep down I knew I would be picking a word to focus on again in 2013. It wasn't until a few of my Facebook friends posted about taking the challenge that I really started thinking about what word I would focus on in the New Year. I prayed about it knowing the word most relevant to my life RIGHT.NOW would need to come from God.

It wasn't long before I felt the word relationship being whispered into my heart and soul.

Relationship(s)...

Ah... somewhat of a struggle they have been for me. Looking back though I know the relationships I have had with people that have come to an end for various reasons were all just a bigger part of God's plan for my life.  Just like I know this year for whatever reason he put on my heart to focus on the word relationship, my life will be forever changed.

I'm excited because I know the biggest relationship in my life is the relationship I have with my Heavenly Father. I know there are relationships/friendships in my life that have been a huge blessing to me (and Phillip) and I pray they will only grow deeper and more genuine this year. I know there will be old relationships that become new again. I know there will be new relationships all together.

I can't wait to see how this word relationship plays into my life in 2013. May you be blessed in this new year and if you aren't taking the One Word Challenge, I encourage you to really consider doing it. Just think of one word you want to carry with you throughout 2013. There is no in depth study you have to do daily or homework, I promise you will be blown away at just how God breathes the word throughout your daily living in 2013. 

No comments:

Post a Comment