Monday, October 25, 2010

Trusting...

Whew! Life is great! Trusting God is HARD! Lord willing Phillip gets accepted into Texas A & M in about 7 months are life is about to turn completely upside down. We will be moving, looking into buying a house, finding a church, making friends, Phillip will be starting school, possibly starting a family (at least trying), and attempting to find jobs.

We've prayed about all of those things probably since we got married. We ask every night that God would remain the center of our marriage and that he would be with us as we trust him with our future. But golly if it isn't hard. It seems like it was easy to begin with it but  now that the time is getting closer for us to figure things out and I JUST WANT TO SCREAM I NEED ANSWERS!

The big thing I've hinted at in a few post is the organization Cafe 1040. I stumbled upon them on the UMHB website over the summer and since then we have had two interviews with them for a possible position that would be with us in College Station. It is support based so we couldn't actually start the job until our support was raised. We knew that from the beginning but that hasn't made us not continue to seek God in the matter.

What do we do? Do we trust God to put us with an organization he wants us with to do his work? Or do we continue in the same type of jobs we are doing now? I work for a school and Phillip for Academy. My degree is Christian Ministries. I would LOVE to use it.

While it has gotten more difficult to figure out EXACTLY what we should do, we both feel lead to do sometime of ministry while we are in the states. I think the question is weather or not to do that right away when we move or look for something else for a while.  There are about a million questions that run through my head or have run through my head.

I always go back to knowing that all I have to do is trust God. If he wants us with a mission organization raising our own support he will let us know and will provide the funds for EVERY.STEP.OF.THE.WAY! It's hard. It's so much easier to just pray and ask that God will take care of it all instead of putting into practice that prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment