Do you ever sit back and wonder what exactly God wants you to be doing with your life? You know without a doubt that you are called to minister and do ministry where you live. You know that a desire to do mission work runs deep inside of your veins and there is nothing that will ever take that feeling away. You get excited and your heart almost skips a beat when you hear of missionaries around the world.
That desire runs deep in my veins. I have a passion to do mission work that is indescribable. I couldn't begin to explain how much I want to do that and how I cannot wait until everything is prepared and God tells us to finally go. I believe he has called us to go but that he has things in store for us right now... right here BEFORE we go. Sure we're really waiting for Phillip to finish school but there's something about being here that seems right.
Back to wondering what to do now. Foreign missions is what I want to do how does that fit to being stuck in Texas? Do I find ways to serve in the community? Do I find a homeless shelter and make that my mission field? Do I find a prison ministry and serve there? What about the pediatric cancer ward at the hospital in town? Do I find young scared pregnant moms to mentor? Do I hang out with the economically disadvantaged community of students?
Honestly, I feel like I'm suppose to be doing those-- like that's what the Bible tells me to do. But do I feel God leading me in any of those directions? No. I don't. I don't feel God leading me to serve in any of those areas. So am I missing something?
I know there are people that look at me and know I want to be a missionary so I'm automatically held to a higher standard and when I don't do any of the ministry and service that I mentioned above then somethings wrong. How could I ever want to be a missionary somewhere else when there is stuff to be done RIGHT. HERE!
I sat in church this morning thinking of all of this. My heart is not in America. My heart is with the Muslim people all over the world who are dying without Christ. It's with the Muslims in America who are hated because they are misunderstood. It's with the Muslim girls that are forced into marriages and lack education. It's with the Muslims who are so poor they struggle to live. That is where my heart is.
While I do not know Muslims here I know that someday in the possible near future Muslims will cross my path. I want to love on them in a way they've never been loved. I want to understand their religion.
Well, here's what I feel like God is telling me to do RIGHT.NOW. RIGHT. HERE. I feel like I should find books about Islam and Muslims and study up. Learn all that I can learn so that when I cross their path I will not be ignorant to their beliefs. That may not be considered ministry or service but that is what I feel God calling me to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment