I did text my mom before I TOTALLY changed them. I really should have taken before/after pictures but we were in the process of moving when this brilliant idea hit me so I didn't take any pictures of what the stars looked like before.
Basically I took all of the glass out. I tried many different things to cover up the holes and finally settled on tulle. I think they turned out pretty good. They are fragile but I figured since they would be hanging up it wouldn't matter too much. I was debating on whether or not I wanted to try and make them into something with a wind chime. I decided on just dangling a few stars off the bottom star. Amazingly enough there was already a hook in the ceiling in the perfect spot. With a chain (the kind that hang off ceiling fans), a little ribbon, some painted wooden stars, and some hot glue Jelly now has a cute little mobile hanging right above our rocking chair.
I'm pretty positive we will spend a LOT of time in the rocking chair. I'm hoping it's not in the middle of the night though. ha! Without further ado...
Close up of the mobile. The big star is wrapped with yellow and green tulle.
The second star is wrapped with yellow and blue tulle. I used black
ribbon to hang the wooden stars off the bigger stars.
I painted them Orange, Red, Blue, and Green.
Location of the mobile. The chair is full of lots of other
goodies that need to be hung. That will come in time,
when more things get into the room.
No comments:
Post a Comment