Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Sensory: Earth Day

Since Easter came so close behind St. Patrick's Day and the next holiday is 4th of July- unless you count Memorial day. We're celebrating Earth Day this year. Ok, I don't know about celebrating it BUT we are learning about it. As much as a toddler can learn about a holiday. 

We try to be sustainable in the way we live and take care of our earth. We cloth diaper (though that was to save money too), I made Hope's baby food (again to save money), if we had our own land we'd totally compost because it'd be super fun! We'd recycle too if we could. But anyway, the whole point is we try to be green :) 

I made a sensory tub with sand since Hope loves playing in the dirt. I added milk jug lids made into lady bugs into it (recycled craft) and used easter eggs to make catapillars. CUTE! 

We painted with egg cartoons one day... 

She LOVES to paint!

Pretty!!

One rainy afternoon we made a tent fort! 

We made an earth out of paint chips- she did really good gluing them down 

She even wrote Earth Day at the top ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment