It still doesn't seem real sometimes. Some days I stop myself from thinking about
it because it still hurts. Other times when I do think about it, the memories
come flooding back and I can’t help but thank God for the opportunity, for the
memories, for the experiences, for his plan, because ultimately that what is
all comes down too, his plan.
I can’t say that I understand it because I don’t. It’s
been about six weeks since we’ve been back home. The first week was shock,
pain, and at times a little bit of anger, just for the way things turned
out. That time consisted of contacting
all of our supporters and thanking God for all of them, because through it all
their understanding and support is what got us through the week. The next weeks consisted of seeking and
searching. Seeking God’s will for the next step for our family and searching
for an internship for Phillip. Then came even more understanding and peace that
being back is exactly where he had called us.
You can’t help but feel peace in a time of confusion when
you get to watch God work his hand in every.single situation. He provided for
our family once again. Phillip got his internship, a good one, the perfect one!
We get to stay in town and not have to move. We get to stay surrounded with
some of the best friends we could have ever asked for, with a church family
that loves and supports us more than we could have ever imagined. We got to go
and visit Phillip’s family that we don’t see often, the ones that love us like
no other. It’s all been huge
confirmation.
Choosing to end our time in Honduras early was by far the
hardest decision I’ve ever had to make in my life. I look back at the blog and
the last thing I blogged was our egg hunting trip to Balfonte, we were suppose
to start that village program, yet we never got to see it happen. We were
supposed to spend an amazing 3 days at camp loving on the Deaf but that never
happened. We were supposed to provide a bridge to the amazing people of
Tesorito but that never happened. For
those reasons my heart was broken in coming home early.
But while my heart is healing, I know that in the two
months God allowed us to live out his plan for us in Honduras. We grew. We
loved. We gave every ounce of everything we had every single day for him. For
his cause. For the Deaf. For the least
of these. Our hearts are forever
changed. My two year old is forever changed. Our family is forever changed. We
learned how to pull through a tough situation. We learned our family motto is
“God Focused, Family Focused”.
We learned that is exactly how we will live out our
future and that is exactly how our future ministry will run. We will forever cherish our time in Honduras
and everyone we came in contact with. I
will thank my God every time I remember how he proved himself so very faithful
to us in a difficult battle and how his peace passes all understanding.
No comments:
Post a Comment