Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas Traditions: Advent Activities

We've been busy working on our advent activities, the ones that are written in our card every morning. So far, I'm pretty sure we've completed everything that I wrote down in those, amazingly it only took us until 4 days before Christmas. It's been so fun doing these simple activities with my girl. 

We found Nativity stickers at Target and couldn't pass them up on our make a nativity day. They worked PERFECT for sticking in our pop sickle stick nativity. It melts my heart to hear my baby girl tell me who everyone is that is in the nativity. I feel like we have done a really good job balancing all aspects of Christmas. Hope knows there is Santa (or Noah in her case), Christmas trees, and the like. But she also knows the true meaning of Christmas is Jesus' birthday. She knows Baby Jesus is in the manger with Mary and Joseph. I LOVE it!! 



A few days later we made Baby Jesus cookies. I saw the idea on Pinterest using Nutterbutters but opted for Keebler Elf cookies instead since they were cheaper. And we iced the bottom half instead of dipping them in White chocolate. I think we may go with white chocolate next year- if we do it again. But they turned out pretty cute.

Big girl, yes Skirt and short sleeves 5 days before Christmas, welcome to Texas 

No comments:

Post a Comment