Friday, July 25, 2014

Summer Camping

This pass weekend we met my parents at Lake Corpus Christi and camped with them. We went to see my grandma who isn't doing well and then drove a little farther to camp. Phillip, Archer, and I set up the tent and stayed in it. I mean we could have squeezed in the camper but we would have been squished and with a baby that still wakes up, well yeah. we opted for the tent. Which, wasn't bad the first night. A cool front had come through and it had rained the whole day before we got there so it was so cool and felt nice. That Saturday I was thinking it would have been better to sleep in the car with it running. Ha! Archer felt the same way on Saturday night from about 1:45-3 AM but other than that he was AWESOME! 

We had a great time playing with Paw Paw and Nina, fishing, swimming, hanging outside, celebrating Hope's birthday a little early, and catching a BIG fish and ending our time back in Edna with a fish fry! AND Paw Paw must catch magical fish or put something magic in the batter cause Archer ended up sleeping 8pm-8am that night. IT WAS AWESOME! Mama needed that sleep! 

Paw Paw and his boy!

Happy Camper!

Hope with the first batch of fish!


Water table!! SO FUN!

Hanging with Paw Paw

A grocery cart and shelf

Potato head from Grandy

PLAYDOUGH from Grandy!

Paw Paw and his babies!

Nina and her boy!


Playing!

And they had this awesome wooden train toy. If I could figure out how to build it or move it to my house I would. It's awesome and of course my little train lover LOVED it! I wish it wouldn't have been so full of nasty bugs but she didn't seem to care. 




Hanging out with her daddy!

Crashed out on Nina (see what I mean about napping anywhere)

Merry Go Round

Playing on the train with daddy and mommy

And Curious George! 

Hope the Conductor


Riding the golf cart

Bath time! 

Then Sunday morning My dad (paw paw), Phillip, and Hope went to check our lines and jugs and came back with this HUGE fish. My dad estimates 28 pounds (bigger than Hope). I totally jumped in for the first picture to claim the fish (actually it was because Archer was falling asleep) but it was AWESOME! Hope wasn't so sure of it, probably because he was still a little floppy and bigger than her. BUT this guy was the magical sleeper fish ;) 


Paw Paw's good luck charm 



SO FUN!

Cup cake play dough!

No comments:

Post a Comment