I celebrated my 1st official Mother's Day this year. It was PERFECT! We spent the night in Abilene, KS after graduation so that we wouldn't have to drive all the way back to Dean's house. After checking out of our hotel we ventured around the town a bit and found this lovely little mansion.
The 1st white child in town was born here.
We drove a bit further and came to this nice old hotel and thought it was a WONDERFUL place to take a few pictures. Even though it was Mother's Day I had to snap a few of Hope and Phillip as well. This is what last year looked like.
Then we met Dean, Melinda, and Grandma over at the Brookville Hotel for lunch. You can find out all the history on that link. It was DELICIOUS and BUSY! I got a sweet bird nest necklace and toe nail polish from Hope. The memories are the best.
Our time was wonderful! Now its crunch time before we move and pack to go on our trip. I'll get a 9 month post up tomorrow since my baby girl turned 9 months old while we were there. Crazy that she's been on the outside as long as she was on the inside.
No comments:
Post a Comment