Thursday, May 24, 2012

What we've been up too...

I have some down time tonight so I figured I should upload the latest pictures and blog a bit before life takes off again. We are currently winding down on the packing and moving end of things. We have a few more boxes to go and a little bit of last minute stuff to throw in them. We're moving all of our big furniture Sunday and then we'll be down for the count. 

We've been asked if we're ready for this summer. Of course. That's the short answer. Ready as in packing? Well... we're getting there. We have 3 suit cases full of stuff but its FAR from organized. HA! But it'll get there next week when everything else is out of here and I can focus on organizing bags for all of us. But we are ready. I know for me personality it hasn't set it fully. I'm beyond excited and I know Phillip is too. We both know the Lord has a lot in store for us and is going to bless our time in Central Asia. But, I know it will set in once we're on a plane. That's pretty much happened when I got on the plane to Honduras for 10 weeks. It sets in at some point. 

But in the midst of our busy season we are soaking in family time. We are enjoying spending time with our growing girl and watching her personality shine through. She is into everything but is doing great at entertaining herself in the various rooms we sit her in while we pack. She can and will quickly crawl from one end of the house to the other. 

She's working on getting another top tooth. So far her 2 bottom teeth on the side and one top side tooth are through. Teething kills her so teething is NOT fun but we're thankful she's getting teeth before we board a plane. Ha! Soo with teething comes chewing on everything. We call her our little goat because paper is a favorite. 


We're still trying to get a swim in some days. She still loves it but can easily crawl out of the pool now so its harder to keep her contained. Plus its just too darn hot most afternoons! 


So we play inside in the afternoons now. She has discovered how to crawl into the dishwasher and LOVES it! It seriously entertainers her for a long time. We didn't get a picture but she pulled up by hanging onto that top shelf- awesome! 


She's excited to go this summer too!! Although she can unpack that suit case faster than I can pack it she is a good little helper. 


We have played outside in the flour again too. She likes to be close to whoever is sitting with her. This particular day happened to be me and so I got covered in flour along with her. 



We met our friends Ashton, Rachael, and Ellasyn at a big pool to swim tonight. We're really going to miss our friends this summer. God has ABUNDANTLY blessed us with great friends since moving here. We could not be happier or more blessed by them all. We're soaking up time with them before we leave. 

It was Hope's first time in the pool, I didn't get a good picture of her in the pool just one before getting in and she never looked at the camera. But she was pretty relaxed in there. A little taken back by the crowd of people, she's always a bit cautious but quickly warms up. She liked swimming on her tummy but not her back. Ashton use to lifeguard and teach swim lessons so he helped up with a few basic lessons for introducing babies to water. 



Ashton and Ellasyn! 

Along with 7 new teeth comes the need for a good brushing. We added teeth brushing into our bed time routine a while back and I FINALLY got a picture. Hope knows exactly where the toothbrush goes and what it does and LOVES it!! 


Well folks, that's all for now!! We'll check back in soon!!!! Please continue to pray for us as we prepare for this summer and pray that our financial support will continue to come in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment