Ok... here's the first of what I'm sure will be MANY Christmas posts. :) Decorating!! Fun! We have a fake tree because I'm allergic to the real thing, putting up the tree is not one of my favorite parts. My favorite? Putting on the ornaments. Pulling each one out one by one and looking at them, remembering picking them out and such.
Hope's favorite? Looking at all the pretties and playing with the jingle Santa Clause that I'm pretty sure was my mom's when she was a kid but she LOVES it!!
Hope's favorite? Looking at all the pretties and playing with the jingle Santa Clause that I'm pretty sure was my mom's when she was a kid but she LOVES it!!
Phillip busy with his favorite part!
All of our decoration... FUN!
In an effort to contain Hope in one spot and NOT have her pull off all of the ornaments I created her a Christmas sensory box. Inside: ornaments, stuffed animals small tree, stockings, mitten. We have the Little People Nativity Set (on loan from my mom, thanks mom!) sitting on top.
Kid corner, right next to the tree! :) So far she's done GREAT with it.
Why I LOVE that we've set up the tree so early this year? Because tonight Hope learned about Baby (bebe in her words) Jesus (eesus in her words). That sweet Baby Jesus got lots of Muah kisses tonight from my sweet girl. I want her to know and LOVE why we celebrate Christmas and be thankful for it! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment