Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sunday Sit Down: Thankgiving/Fall Crafts

Hope seriously LOVES to make crafts- obviously she's only still coloring them for the most part, but we have introduced glue stick- with me putting glue on the paper and her sticking stuff to it- she's still getting use to the idea but I'm pretty sure she'll have it down pat in no time. :)

So we craft a lot, I have really enjoyed fall/Thanksgiving themed crafts for us to do together. She's also made a few crafts in her class at the church I work at. Soo, our normal Thanksgiving decoration seen here. Didn't make it up this year, instead our stair banister was decorated with little girl scribbles and my heart couldn't be MORE thankful!

I wrote a blog post a couple of years ago about how Thanksgiving is overlooked. I do still believe it is, though now it is pretty common that at least 10 of my Facebook friends are participating in the 30 days of Thanksgiving and posting what they are thankful for daily. Truth be told, I participated in that one year (when I wrote the post) and I think its a great thing to do and I really would like to start something with Hope in the next couple of years when she can say things she's thankful for, but I like that I don't feel obligated to only take 30 days to think of things to be thankful for, I could think of 30 things right now, if I sat long enough I know I could think of 365 things, so my point... instead of soley focusing on things I'm thankful for for 30 days, why don't I focus on it for 365 and then start again the next year.

I'm not trying to skip over Thanksgiving (yes, we did put up our Christmas tree today) I'm just trying to remind myself that I have SO much to be thankful for, ALL throughout the year. Praise the Lord! So this Thanksgiving as we celebrate with our Christmas tree proudly standing, I couldn't be more thankful for truly having a reason to be thankful and that is having a relationship with my savior, Jesus Christ! HE has blessed me more than I could even start to list.

Ok, now for what everyone who's still reading is waiting for.. :)

 Waiting to go collect leaves for our turkey feathers :) 

 Collecting leaves is HARD work :)

 Color and glue! YAY!


 We made a flag for daddy for Veteran's Day!

 I won't even BEGIN to tell you how messy this turned out to be but isn't that a sweet little turkey hand print?? I mean who cares if there were about 4 of those hand prints on the tile (thankfully) and the wall. HA! 

Sweet fall decorations!

No comments:

Post a Comment