Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday Randomness...

*WARNING*
The following post will contain random pictures of our latest happenings and will mostly likely also include random thoughts along the way. You have been warned. :)

We started planning our Deaf Leader Retreat on Thursday with J and N. They are both local believers that feel called to work with the Deaf. These girls are AMAZING!! I love them already!! N just got back here from B!ble College. She is on fire for working with the Deaf. Please pr*y for her as she seeks wisdom. She needs to have a job and be making money but really wants to work with the deaf. There is a company here that she can get on with if she wants and would have to raise support for herself. Pr*y for her to follow Father's plans for her life. 

No planning meeting or meeting at all for that matter is complete without Candy. :)

J, N, and I writing notes. 

We had to end our first planning meeting early because the Deaf had their weekly meeting. 

Big H and Hope playing... 

Hope sitting in the window watching it rain

Playing Peek-a-boo with daddy!

Liz (Big H's mom) and Hope (with a mouth full of cracker)

We got together again on Friday for more planning. Again, no meeting is complete with out food. Actually, its custom for the host to serve cookies/crackers, fruit, candy, or other food (if the meeting is short, a meal if the meeting is long or happens over lunch/supper). Along with food tea (green or black) or coffee is required. Along with compot (boiled fruit juice). Today we had a light lunch with apricots on the side. YUM! 

Did you know that inside the apricot seed is a nut? Yeah, neither did I. So we had saved the seeds and then Olya, Alona, and I (I had to try my hand at it, besides I thought it only fair for me to crack my own seeds if I wanted to be able to eat the nut inside) went outside to crack open the seed and get the nut out. I made quite the American impression on them and really had them laughing. Every time I'd hit the seed it'd go flying. They could knock out 3 or 4 in the time it took me to do 1. But I did finally get the hang of it. :) 

Yummy Apricots!

Alona, Olya, and I using rocks and a sewage cover to crack open the seeds.

My cracked seed and nut. The nut tastes similar to an almond with a bit more fruity taste. YUM!

Kathy, J, and N planning dramas

So, I've been thinking about Hope's 1st Birthday. Man is it ever hard to believe she is almost a year old. WHAT??? But I think it's harder for me to think of a birthday party theme... I've been torn between Rainbow (as in the colors, not a rainbow) and watermelons. I've pinned a bagillion ideas on both things and LOVE both ideas. I'm trying to think simple ideas simply because she won't remember it anyway, we'll only have a party with our family and then with our CS friends so we don't have to impress anyone (I think) and we'll be getting back to the states a week before she turns one AND moving into our new place. AH! So I'm thinking a few simple make yourself decorations and cake pops for sure are on the agenda. But oh how difficult to pick. 

I thought I had settled on Rainbow/Colors until tonight when I shared my watermelon with my sweet girl and snapped these pictures... 

Chowing down on her own piece... 

Big bite!

Almost all done! 

YUM!!

Now I'm thinking we'll for sure have to do a watermelon party!!! At least for today! Ok, enough random thoughts for tonight...  Oh and Dad- Hope's really good at not eating the seeds... now if only we can teach her to not eat the rind. :) Love ya! 

Pr*y for us as we finish preparing for the retreat and please pr*y on Sunday as we teach the leaders. Pr*y their hearts and minds will be open to our teaching and they would grasp all we would have to say and more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment